Your suggestions and opinions on the MINDE project are welcome ! Please, Send email to mouldi.miled[at]mes.rnu.tn
1- Vision & Mission & Objectives
MINDE aims at contributing to the capacity building efforts that are needed to diffuse and reinforce existing and emerging knowledge related to RE implementation and to serve the purpose of development and encouragement of eco-friendly technologies.
It will be entrusted to conduct different courses to meet the requirements of the industry and to provide research, education and training services with this regard to students and to professionals.
To be recognized as a regional and global model for research intensive activities of the 21th Century while underpinning the growth of MENA’s rapidly developing economy across key sectors and the future deployment of renewable energy industry in the MENA region.
The institute will serve with innovative solutions that are coherent with a sustainable environment.
To be a world-class, graduate-level institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce future world leaders and critical thinkers in advanced energy and sustainability.
To position Tunisia and Libya as a knowledge hub and engine for socioeconomic growth based on Renewable Energy.
- Establish a pioneering infrastructure that combines higher-education, scientific research and business development to yield renewable energy technology products that serve the MENA markets;
- Establish and continually evolve interdisciplinary, collaborative research and development capability in advanced energy and sustainability;
- Train a new generation of engineering and business entrepreneurs for establishing a knowledge-based economy;
- Enhance the research environment in the region and encourage the researchers and graduates to participate in the business incubation programs and to establish start-up and spin-off knowledge-based companies;
- Contribute to strengthening the public and private sectors capabilities in MENA in human and scientific resources that are needed for the promotion of the RE industry;
- Contribute to the development of public understanding of science related to RE in MENA;
- Educate students to be innovators with the breadth and depth to develop technology and enterprises in the region and globally.
2- Key Features
2.1- Disciplines / Areas:
- Renewable energy: Solar - Wind - Biomass;
- Water: Desalination-Treatment-Economy;
- Energy Efficiency.
2.2- Level of Education:
- Masters & PHD (first phase)
2.3- Access: BAC +5
- Engineers and scientists;
- Managers economist: economics faculties; Business Schools.
2.4- Multidisciplinary teaching:
- Science and Technology;
- Economics and Management;
- Marketing and Communications;
- Laws and regulations;
2.5- Teaching Language:
2.6- International features:
- Students: mainly : MENA and Africa;
- Teaching: co-Graduation, visiting professors Twinning and / or joint with similar institutions or universities MENA, Germany, USA, etc.).
3- The main components of the campus:
The Institute campus will have clean tech at its core. It will be built to consume less in cooling demand than a conventional building of its size, as well as less in potable water, less in domestic hot water energy and a less in electricity.
The campus will offer a unique opportunity to experience what cutting-edge technology can do for the environment.
It will consist in :
- Administration premises and offices;
- Leaning and teaching spaces: Classrooms, amphitheatres etc;
- Knowledge Center: A place for research and study, the Knowledge Centre will provide space for students and researchers, and will offer a wide range of electronic information resources, as well as a limited number of paper books, magazines and journals;
- Laboratories will be designed in response to cutting edge research to be carried out here;
- Solar and Wind Electricity generation fields : To provide electricity for the needs of the campus and as research and demonstration facilitity;
- Residential apartment: The residential concept will focuse on the creation of lively energetic neighbourhoods. The marriage of traditional local building practice and modern technologies should satisfy emands for style, adaptability and flexibility, while keeping a sustainable footprint;
- Multi-use space for conferences, cultural and leasure activities;
- Sports facilities.
4- First steps:
- Set up a task force : To shape the main features of the project;
- Conduct a prefaisability study;
- Investigate potential partners among Governments; Universities and/or similar existing institutions; Investors and join ventures; etc.